INCLIMENT WEATHER CLOSURES
All emergency dismissals for Poudre School District schools will be will be made as early as possible through the Superintendent’s office and handled in the following manner:
For School Closures Due to Weather
Decisions about weather-related school closures are made by 5:30 a.m. Parents and staff will be notified by email, by phone, and information will be posted on the PSD website and Facebook page. Local media will be notified.
- When schools are closed, all school activities and athletics are cancelled. B.A.S.E Camp is closed also.
Delayed Start of Schools
Delayed start decisions are usually made by 5:30 a.m. Parents and staff will be notified by email, phone and information will be posted on the PSD website and Facebook page. Local media will also be notified.
- Bus pick up times: Buses will pick up students at bus stops 2 hours later than the regular schedule. Road conditions may increase travel time for buses and students may have a longer wait time at bus stops.
- Drop off and arrival times: Students who walk to school, are dropped off or who drive should arrive 2 hours later than regular arrival times. Please do not arrive earlier.
- Kindergarten and Early Childhood programs: Morning-only kindergarten and Early Childhood programs are cancelled during a delayed start schedule. Afternoon kindergarten and Early Childhood programs follow normal schedules. Full-day kindergarten and Early Childhood programs start 2 hours later than normal and release on time.
- Before- and after-school childcare: B.A.S.E. Camp will open at the normal time for students who attend the program.
- School dismissal times: Schools will dismiss students at normal times. Bus drop-off times in neighborhoods and parent pick-up times at schools will also be on regular schedule.
- Breakfast: Breakfast will not be served.